Skip to main content

MyWebQuilter Update

I just realized that it has been more than a month since my last post! Yikes! Many things have been happening.

I attended the Chicago International Quilt show. It was so inspiring. Of course, I purchased many, many items from the vendors too.



I was so inspired by the 2009 Hoffman Challenge quilts that I saw at the Chicago Quilt Show that I decided to try entering Hoffman's 2010 Challenge. This is my first time entering such a challenge. One of my favorite hobbies in addition to quilting and computer programming is sailing. So the blue 2010 Hoffman Challenge Fabric of course said, "water - sailboat" to me.

Here is a picture of my boat..."Amber Waves". Last year, I went on a 3 day cruise on "Amber Waves" with a friend. We cruised from our home port of Escanaba, MI to Fayette State Park then on to Jackson Harbor on Washington Island, WI. Then back home on the 3rd day.



We put "Amber Waves" in the water this week for our 2010 sailing season!


Also, I am "almost done" with a new major update to MyWebQuilter.com. This update combines the automatic placement of quilt blocks in your quilt designs with the manual placement of quilt blocks. You can put blocks in specific locations on the quilt as well as rotate and flip blocks. Of course MyWebQuilter.com will still automatically generate the pattern and pictures for your design.

"Almost done" means that all the parts are programmed. I just have to test it a bit more before making it available on the website. This update took longer than I expected but is very powerful and hopefully, still easy to use.


I am hoping to be able to post the new changes within the next few weeks.


Happy Quilting!

Amber

Comments

  1. Hello,

    I would like to get your mails...I do not know what the security question is, and the security answer?
    Can You help me please?
    benita.kermorgant@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Border Calculator

There are times when you are making a quilt when you need to add borders to increase the size of the quilt.  You may be trying to get the quilt to a specific size.  You may be limited by how much fabric you have. The MyWebQuilter.com Quilt Border Calculator  is free and can help you decide what size borders to add to your quilt. Enter the size of your current quilt and some border sizes you are considering.  Click calculate to get quilt dimensions and fabric requirements.  Change the border sizes and recalculate as often as you want. 

New Quilt Sash Calculator

I added a new calculator to MyWebQuilter.com to quickly calculate quilt sash fabric requirements.  Just enter the number of columns, rows, block size and sash width.  Additional options include calculations in inches or CM and including a border the same size as the sash.  Click on Calculate to get your sash fabric requirements, quilt dimensions and instructions.  All the MyWebQuilter calculators are easy to use on your mobile phone!

One Block Quilt Designer

Use the #MyWebQuilter Free One Block Quilt Designer to twist and turn, rearrange, and recolor quilt blocks.  Get an automatic pattern for your creation with one click! Here are a few options using the BowTie quilt block.